• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Inner bags for side cases

+1 on the RKA bags. They make a GREAT product. Between myself and my hubby, we have them for his R12RT, my 800GT and 2 G650GS's, plus a tank bag. Great gear, reasonably priced, made in the USA.

Someone should put up a price list of the liners that have been recommended, and where they were purchased.

E.

The quality will remain when the price is forgotten.
Sir Henry Royce, Baronet

Where to purchase RKA Liner Bags

Someone should put up a price list of the liners that have been recommended, and where they were purchased.

E.

The quality will remain when the price is forgotten.
Sir Henry Royce, Baronet

All of RKA's products can be viewed and ordered here - www.rka-luggage.com

Their bagliners are very efficient. I also have their 24.5 lt Shiloh Road tank bag. Quality gear! You won't be disappointed.

Saddlebag liners can be purchased directly from Kathy's Journey Designs -

https://kjdlifetime.com/brands/KATHYS-JOURNEY-DESIGNS.html

I have actually ridden to her shop (just south of Floyd, Va. on rt 8) a few times and added to my collection of liners.

On the map image below Kathy's is the location at the top shown as Blue Ridge Yurts. I'd not really grasped the
concept of "glamping" until I took a peek into one of those yurts. Not at all like the ones in Mongolia that Charlie
and Ewan were in ... :)

Screenshot 2023-02-26 091738.jpg

They don't show liners for the F900XR.
The R1250RS and early years S1000XR BMW bags use the same lid as the F900XR but the inner half is different.
I don't know if their R1250RS or S1000XR liners will work with the F900XR.

Give RKA a call or send them a querie from their "Contact Us" link. 707-836-7659

Both Richard and Kathie aim to please, and to help.

I've got 17 years on our BMW liners, including a top box bag, for our RT. They're bulletproof and while they weren't cheap, they haven't failed in any way and show just about no wear. I like them well enough that we've used them as airline luggage a few times without an issue. I like that you absolutely can't overfill the bags, which means the lids on your bags are always going to shut relatively easily.

Prior to that, I've used RK liners, which are terrific and local to us NorCal folks. We also bought some canoe bags from REI that were rubber bottomed, canvas and had a waterproof zipper on the top. They worked great on my wife's K75S back in the day and later, her RS.

But you want to use bags, no matter where you get them. It beats the heck out of bringing muddy, yucky wet bags into your tent or hotel room.

I have the BMW aluminum bags for my 2016 R1200 GSA LC that I bought back then and never installed yet (I've been busy).

Now since the bags are aluminum, do they not leave a black tinge all over the outer surface of the inner bags? If so, solutions? Same for my KLR650 that has Daerr aluminum bags; can't remember what the end result was.

Yes, if the panniers are raw aluminum they will transfer to any liner used inside. If anodized or coated, not quite as much. My panniers are anodized; I run black bag liners and don’t worry about it.

Best,
DeVern

Going with RKA

After a bunch of looking around, including making a set of duffles myself, I've decided to go with the RKA bags. I sent them an email question and got a reply back right away from Richard. They're going to update their website but the bag liners for the 800GTL will fit my F900XR cases (they're the same). They're also the same for the R1200, 1250R/RS, S1000XR, F800R/XR/GT. I thought making my own would be cheaper, but decent water-resistant canvas is expensive. I would be paying nearly the same price and there's no way I could make them as well as what RKA produces.

So thank you all for your suggestions. It helped.

After a bunch of looking around, including making a set of duffles myself, I've decided to go with the RKA bags. I sent them an email question and got a reply back right away from Richard. They're going to update their website but the bag liners for the 800GTL will fit my F900XR cases (they're the same). They're also the same for the R1200, 1250R/RS, S1000XR, F800R/XR/GT. I thought making my own would be cheaper, but decent water-resistant canvas is expensive. I would be paying nearly the same price and there's no way I could make them as well as what RKA produces.

Always good to hear how things worked out. :thumb

OM

RKA bag liners

You won't be dissappointed. RKA's products and their customer service is the best! As I've mentioned, I have their liners for my RT and their 24.5 liter Shiloh Road tank bag. I also purchased the INNOVV K2 camera system and a SENA 50s from RKA. Richard is a tech geek and can solve most connection issues.

Cheers!

The RKA folks are nice folks and have moved from Santa Rosa up to Mendocino County, in Cloverdale.

The riding up there is absolutely fantastic and Cloverdale is a good jumping off point to head over 128 to the coast, if you're in the neighborhood.

Back