• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I'll tell you how bad it's getting . . It's getting soo Bad ...

RTRandy

First of all, got to ride my new RT to the Texas Hill Country for a 800 mile break in, but that's another story for another day. For those who don't know, below is almost a sacred intersection in Texas. It's Highway 337 in the town of Leakey. Anyhow, if you look across the street, there is a guy on the corner with a taco sign and he's selling tacos out of his blue cooler. Look just in front of the white pick up truck.

Attachments

• DSC01763.jpg
    DSC01763.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Is this like a "where's Waldo". I can't see the picture let alone the truck or what's in front of it. :stick :p

Just for a reference for those who have never been the area. It's loaded with riders everywhere you look.

You got your cruisers.

Attachments

• DSC01774.jpg
    DSC01774.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 223
:ha

You should get a mod to throw this in Ride Reports, man. :thumb

Got a map location or something?

So how bad is it ?

Enough of local color and back to the original point and the taco guy.

When you cross the street and look at the cooler, the guy has a sign with a price increase complete with an effective date ! Are we in a recession or what!

Attachments

• DSC01751_2.jpg
    DSC01751_2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 213
Those shirts would make a great fund raiser for the Foundation. :rofl

I wonder if the "can you see me now" is supposed to be due to their shirts, or their physical sizes... at least for one of them. :dunno

I think the next time there is going to be a local "ride" for some event or another, I'm going to remove the stock exhaust from my Airhead and install something that will make the sound even louder. Then I'm going to change that shirt to say "can you hear me now...". I'm sure to be a hit. :heh

You got your high class elite riders.

???? why would the $$$ of the tacos go up since the 'high class' riders are looking like they put the taco guy's ten kids through college....:stick :D ...

or

did the govt get involved and say that he has to reduce the amount of good tasting but bad for you grease and stuff in his tacos so the "high class" riders will get better fuel effeceny since they are needing abrighter shirt to be seen since they are thinner in the futurer... :stick :p

Damn you, Randy! ;)

The building you are looking at in the first photo is the Frio Canyon Lodge . . . which the "HQ" for my local club's annual pilgrimage to the Texas Hill Country to "Ride-the-3's" . . . which is the first weekend of May. That's, like, almost two weeks away still.

Jeez, now I'm going to be thinking about it ALL DAY!

Damn you, Randy! ;)

The building you are looking at in the first photo is the Frio Canyon Lodge . . . which the "HQ" for my local club's annual pilgrimage to the Texas Hill Country to "Ride-the-3's" . . . which is the first weekend of May. That's, like, almost two weeks away still.

Jeez, now I'm going to be thinking about it ALL DAY!

You better get there before that price increase goes into effect:eat .

If you're riding 337, the entire road surface is torn off for about 5 miles east of Leakey and ends about a half mile just east of Leaky. You can ride in the tire tracks and there's plenty of decent traction, only it's bumpy, slow going, and dusty as hell. Did I say dusty? Ought to be a nightmare right after a rain. When finished, it will be awesome. After riding it, we bypassed 336 so not to end up back on it again and rode 41 across to 83 and the cut across 39 to 187 to the museum in Vanderpool. Actually, 187 is a super road in both directions.

Actually better than 336 in my opinion. 336 has not only too many cattle guards, but they're placed in the turns and half are not flush with the road making for a jarring experience. 335 is still a favorite!

If you're riding 337, the entire road surface is torn off for about 5 miles east of Leakey and ends about a half mile just east of Leaky. You can ride in the tire tracks and there's plenty of decent traction, only it's bumpy, slow going, and dusty as hell. Did I say dusty? Ought to be a nightmare right after a rain. When finished, it will be awesome.

How current is your information about 337 EAST of Leakey? Your description sounds almost exactly like what the road looked like LAST YEAR when were there. Are they STILL working on it?

We also ride the other "non-3" roads your mentioned . . . it is an all-day-Saturday deal.

I missed the Vanderpool museum last year. I hope to leave early enough on Friday this year to see it.

How current is your information about 337 EAST of Leakey? Your description sounds almost exactly like what the road looked like LAST YEAR when were there. Are they STILL working on it?

That five mile stretch was torn up as of Saturday which was two days ago. Not sure what part was torn up last year, but it's the last five miles give or take just before Leakey coming from the east. Much of the road is in great shape so it's possible last year was a different section. :dunno It looks like it could be paved in the next couple of months. It's extremely hard packed, but starts getting old on an RT.

That five mile stretch was torn up as of Saturday which was two days ago. Not sure what part was torn up last year, but it's the last five miles give or take just before Leakey coming from the east. Much of the road is in great shape so it's possible last year was a different section. :dunno It looks like it could be paved in the next couple of months. It's extremely hard packed, but starts getting old on an RT.

No, that's the same section of 337. It was hard-pack almost right up the intersection with 83. And last year the weather WAS a little wet. Bummer.

We'll have to call over and find out what the delay is . . . but we're still going!

Thanks for the heads up.

Back