• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I think I need a wedgie!

Do I? And if I do, do I add an S to the stable or replace the RT with a GT?

:bikes

Judging by your other bikes, you're kind of long handlebareeish...
So, while I have been riding the S since 1974, I think you want a GT. Get the 6, btw.

You Need a Wedgie

Do I? And if I do, do I add an S to the stable or replace the RT with a GT?

:bikes

Selyab,

I've enjoyed my "wedgie" for a year now (I ride a 2009 K1300S). While I know little about you, your riding preferences or anything else, I would think that you can best answer the "S" versus "GT" issue based on whether you ride solo or two up. I do the former and find the S ideal (and a bit more sporty which suits me fine). If my wife rode pillion frequently, I would likely find the GT the better choice.

There are other factors, of course, but you'll find the answer to those by taking the bikes you're considering out for a test ride. Have fun with your "problem"!

Kent

I replaced my R11R with an '07GT and have been quite happy. The GT is a "best of both worlds" motorcycle (in my opinion): easy to put lots of miles on it, and you can do it comfortably and at the speed of light! Either way, the S or GT, you'll be happy.

Now, quit reading and go get one!

You Want a Wedgie Real Bad

I replaced my R11R with an '07GT and have been quite happy. The GT is a "best of both worlds" motorcycle (in my opinion): easy to put lots of miles on it, and you can do it comfortably and at the speed of light! Either way, the S or GT, you'll be happy.

Now, quit reading and go get one!

I've got to agree with that statement whole-heartedly! Here is some eye candy to help you...

Kent

Attachments

• DSCN7031.jpg
    DSCN7031.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 138
BMW 1300S and GT....ahhh perfecto

Looks like your in quite a predicament...LOL :brow

Having owned an '08 RT and now a '10 GT I would like to say that I have finally found my true love when it comes to sport touring. The RT handled well as does the GT but the GT is hands down:bow the prince of sport touring bikes. If you like instantaneous acceleration the GT and S both have that and plenty of it. Personally I like the GT because my wife and I like to go for long rides together and the comfort level and fit and finish of the GT cannot be duplicated. I'm not much of a hair on fire kind of guy so the GT will do all I could ever want it too. In fact from what I've heard the K1300 GT by some is the ride of choice over the new K1600 GT... but you didn't hear that from me.:bikes

Boyd RT

Back