• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I Love Rider Magazine! "From the Something Smells Fishy Department," a lampoon of BMW

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
I Love Rider Magazine! "From the Something Smells Fishy Department," a lampoon of BMW

Verbatim Quote from Rider Editor Mark Tuttle Jr. on page 19 of April issue of Rider:

"F800GS DELAYED

From the Something Smells Fishy Department, BMW has announced that "motorcycle enthusiasts eagerly awaiting the arrival of BMW's new F800Gs will need to be a bit more patient, as production of the middleweight dual-purpose enduro will be delayed due to worldwide demand for the popular F650GS. The F800GS is expected to be available at U.S. BMW motorcycle dealers in fall 2008, making it a 2009 model."

The F800GS was originally scheduled for spring delivery, and considering the number of riders who already have deposits down and promotions planned for that time by dealers, we suspect something like vendor issues, manufacturing capacity or dollar-euro economics have more to do with the delay than the popularity of the F650GS. The F800GS press intro is still scheduled for South Africa in early February 2008 - we'll try to have more info for you next issue."

This isn't the first time that Mr. Tuttle and Clement Salvadori have stepped up to the plate and announced it when they see BMW giving its customers the shaft!

There is no shaft on the F-800-GS..:stick It will get here when it gets here, and anyone who has read Rider for a while knows that Tuttle is no fan of BMW. I still do read Rider in spit of his negative opinions of the bike's I chose to ride.

something smells

Well maybe Tuttle's announcement will give the folks at On the Level something to write about. :laugh

Rinty

Back