• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How to to buy a new F 650gs

Adventurer22

Adventurer
Good morning all. In a recent post I've asked for input for good experiences my girlfriend can expect on her upcoming new or demo 650 twin. Never having purchased a new BMW from a dealer, I'm now asking what should I expect during the neogations on a new bike. On the new 650 twin the MSRP is being quoted @ $11,600. Can one expect any movement from that? Are they open to sweeten the deal in any way? The new 650 twin will be a 2012, the demo is a 2011 and are just taking a $1000 off that.

F650

I would think with the new F700 coming out soon, they would deal on an F650. I just bought a 2010 F650 and am really enjoying it. My RT feels neglected this week.

Unless the dealer has considerable inventory of the F650/800GS I would not expect a lot of movement on the new bike perhaps up to $500 at most, or if your g/f needs to gear up at the same time you could likely get a few hundred in "gear credit"?
If the bike is still there once pricing is announced on the F700GS then you might be able to do better ... assuming the F700GS price is not a bump up... and honestly they really have not done enough on the base machine to justify a big price bump IMHO ... actually the way the currencies are trading Euro to USD you would expect to see a discount ... but I would not hold my breath on that ... :-/

On the demo. bike $1000 off doesn't seem adequate to me but I have no idea ...
If the dealer can get that money I guess more power to them, but the life of a demo bike does not seem an easy one to me ... between riders that want to "see what the bike can do" and riders that don't quite know what they are doing :doh

Back