• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

how to ship gs to Maui

Pueo

I am recently married and am moving to Maui . Now , how do I get my bike there? I have done some initial research and found crating and shipping common carrier costs about 5K . Relocube costs about the same and the bike barely fits the cube . Air canada does not ship to the states . I cant drive there and i don't have a boat . Also I want to ship a bunch of other stuff including clothes, house hold items and a wood shops worth of tools including table saw , joiner , lathe , drill press etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My first thought is to take minimal possessions which includes my GS and do an initial trip , return to Virginia once I have sorted out conditions in Maui and then ship the rest once I have an understand o exactly what I want to bring.

Welcome to the forum!
It seems that most of the bike shipping questions have done well in the Motorrad section of the forum. There is a listing of shipping agencies in the Recources and Links area.
I will move this post to Motorrad for you a bit later......We can see what kind of responses you get here in RNE.
Good luck.
Gary

I am sure there are many options and a significant factor would be how much money you are willing to spend to make the move. You may want to look into Pasha Hawaii, https://www.pashahawaii.com.

I bought my RT from BMW Escondido back in 2012 and it cost $600 to ship it from San Diego to Honolulu. I have nothing but great things to say about their service and the process they use to transport the vehicle. It appears they also ship to Maui. You biggest decision would be choosing a starting point for the shipment. Knowing that you will be moving to an island, you may want to take a ride across the country and drop the bike at a west coast port.

I hope this helps.

Aloha.

Thanks

Thanks for the help and guidance . I dont know that i am up for a solo across country. I am mostly a day ride or an overnight .

Never too late to start a cross country trip. With great weather now it can be a quick as you wish, or leisurely. Good luck:)

I am recently married and am moving to Maui . Now , how do I get my bike there? I have done some initial research and found crating and shipping common carrier costs about 5K . Relocube costs about the same and the bike barely fits the cube . Air canada does not ship to the states . I cant drive there and i don't have a boat . Also I want to ship a bunch of other stuff including clothes, house hold items and a wood shops worth of tools including table saw , joiner , lathe , drill press etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My first thought is to take minimal possessions which includes my GS and do an initial trip , return to Virginia once I have sorted out conditions in Maui and then ship the rest once I have an understand o exactly what I want to bring.

1) Try Matson Navigation

or

2) Join the US Navy as a senior officer.

senior officer

Hmmmm, now that is a novel idea. I will have to factor that into the cost comparison chart.

Back