• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How to Install Stebel Horn kit by Excel Cycle Werkes - 2011 GSA w/ESA

itrider

Here is my detailed write-up for the installation of the Stebel Horn kit purchased from Excel Cycle Werkes. I ran into a few misunderstandings with the provided instruction sheet, so I expanded upon them, including many pictures along the way.

http://www.itrider.net/downloads/R1200GSA_Stebel_Horn_kit_by_Excel_Cycle_Werkes.pdf

I will be working on converting this pdf write-up into a thread based "how to" for review in the tech library. Due to the length of this pdf, the conversion may take some time (one photo upload per post).

Excellent write up! I appreciate you posting this. I hate the stock on my bike and I think you have just enticed me to do something about it!

Thanks for taking the time to write this up and post it!!

Thanks for the support. A good point was raised after I posted this about the location of the horn mount to the light bar and the clearance from the tire fender. After checking some test rides, I did notice that it was rubbing. I'm looking into an alternative mounting location. Once I settle on one, I will modify my "how to" instructions.

For reference on the problem raised, take a look at the first few posts here.

Updated "How To" PDF has been uploaded. See post #1 for the link.

This update includes the alternate horn mounting location I chose because of clearance issues.

Back