• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many riders change their own tires

Had a BMW dealer put new tires on my 2002 RT. They did not install new valve stems. Rear stem failed in Leadville Co, my riding buddy hauled wheel and tire to a dealer 30 miles away do not remember where. Anyway I bought a Nomar and have been doing my own since.

We just picked up a new to us low mileage 2014 model...already had meat tenderizer marks on the rear black rims from a tire machine without nylon blocks:banghead

I have pointed this type of rim damage to folks before I mount their tires...did not happen here. What works on steel rims isn't so kind to bare or painted aluminum.

Unless the stems are recent and I installed them...I always put in new ones. Be careful where you buy them however as several years ago there were some QC issues and new ones failed.

Tire changer

Have a HF tire changer. I cut & welded to my liking. 2 tire balancer, HF, Mark Panes. Putting on 3 sets of tires on the Beemer a year.
Now only 2 sets on Honda ST1300 a year.
Plus= tire changer for my friends, IB riders.

Back