• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How Many R100RS's are out there?

RS Gathering

I do not know if the MOA is going to have another open house soon like the last one. They are located on the far west side of St. Louis not far off I-44. At the last open house there were a few airheads there, but mostly oil heads and K bikes. That could be a nice place to meet, and visit their head quarters. They also had events and a lunch.

Anyway, count me in.

Now there is an idea!! We could line them up for the photo!!

What does everyone think of that idea???

St. Louis is about 800-900 from my house. I think the RS would make it that far :whistle

R100RS gathering in 2011...

I suggested that last year as well. Please keep me posted! I think it would be a lot of fun! A photo of my '78 R100RS Motorsport Edition attached.

Bike Night 8-10 001.jpg

JJ Cerilli
Pleasanton, CA

ONLY 1831 miles from my front door.......... :violin Colorado would be better for me, but then that's what it's all about, right? Me? :dunno And I have a trip to Indy for the 100th Indy 500 the end of May scheduled. Sooooooo St Louis would work better for me just before or just after. Just throwing something out there. The time of year would be good riding weather temperature-wise.
Bill
78 R100RS

1831 miles

ONLY 1831 miles from my front door.......... :violin Colorado would be better for me, but then that's what it's all about, right? Me? :dunno And I have a trip to Indy for the 100th Indy 500 the end of May scheduled. Sooooooo St Louis would work better for me just before or just after. Just throwing something out there. The time of year would be good riding weather temperature-wise.
Bill
78 R100RS

So Bill,

Here is a plan - you come to Colorado, and we ride the two RS's on to St. Louis for the gathering, then return to Colorado via Northern and Western Arkansas and the Talimena Drive http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/!!!:thumb:usa

Sounds cool. My 76 R100RS, number 414 is still on the road. Though I don't ride it near as much as my 94 R1100RS.

Kinda stuck on the RS theme.

End of May 2011 between Indy & Kansas City? I could probably do that.

Another Motorsport in!

5788950051_large.jpg

RS Gathering again

Fellow RS riders,

For the gathering - -

The MOA open house, makes a lot of sense for several reasons, one of which is: we would have a lot of folks to appreciate our work :)).

Several folks have mentioned the north Arkansas option.

I offer a couple of suggestions:

http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.com/lodge-cabin-rest/lodge/

Or this one:

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/

The "Chain Gang" held their rally at Queen Wilhelmina (may still) for several years. I personally have stayed there and it is quite nice with some very nice riding.

Anyone live in the area have knowledge of the Mount Magazine Lodge???

Thoughts???

Last edited:
This will take some planning

So Bill,

Here is a plan - you come to Colorado, and we ride the two RS's on to St. Louis for the gathering, then return to Colorado via Northern and Western Arkansas and the Talimena Drive http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/
That looks like a pretty interesting idea Don, to be honest. Let me do some kind of a rough plan to see how much time I would need. I would love to drop down through Red Lodge, MT and do the Beartooth Highway which would be on the way to Colorado. I could do that in either direction however. Are you saying you would want to fit Indy in there? Let me map out something and then shoot you the link to see how it would work. Of course we would have to get everyone else on board for the date of "the gathering". That would be a hell of a ride without a doubt. Probably close to 5000 miles for me. :nod

I'd be interested in doing something like this, but better for me if it were next year. For those of us not retired yet :stick all my vacation days this year are spoken for but I could put it on the list for next year. I'm relatively new to the club - bought an '83 in May - but always thought this was the best looking model BMW made and always lusted after one. I've never been to Arkansas and there's a lot of nice roads between here and there.:thumb

RS Gathering for 2011

I'd be interested in doing something like this, but better for me if it were next year. For those of us not retired yet :stick all my vacation days this year are spoken for but I could put it on the list for next year. I'm relatively new to the club - bought an '83 in May - but always thought this was the best looking model BMW made and always lusted after one. I've never been to Arkansas and there's a lot of nice roads between here and there.:thumb

Terence,

No problem!!! We are discussing this for NEXT year 2011!!

Right now the plan is to meet at the MOA open house (whenever that turns out to be) and possibly explore some of the Southcentral Missouri, North Central/Western Arkansas roads after the gathering. It may turn out to be a "rolling" gathering after the open house. :dance It would be great if you could come!! I enjoyed following you across the mountains of Colorado this year!! Following you on your "new" RS through Missouri and Arkansas would be GREAT!!Heck maybe if we are both on RS's I can keep up!:german

Since I live here I will attend the MOA open house this year and post a few photos for those interested in seeing the types of bikes there. I will post them on the Photography side of this site.

We do have some nice roads south and west of St. Louis. The Illinois side is mostly flat, so I do not ride much there. Those making the trip here let us "locals" know and we can make recommendations on places to stay and not to stay.

It sounds like a plan is coming together for next year.

I enjoyed following you across the mountains of Colorado this year!! Following you on your "new" RS through Missouri and Arkansas would be GREAT!!Heck maybe if we are both on RS's I can keep up!:german

It'll be easy to keep up. Since I'll be on my own bike, I of course don't ride those as fast as someone else's. :stick:laugh

MOA Open House photos

I just got back from the MOA Open House. I had to leave early to meet wife for some shopping. I only saw 4 airheads there, including mine. I also got to talk to some nice people all with a common interest, including a friend that I had not seen in years. Too bad he is riding a Guzzi. I decided to post a few photos here instead of the Photo section. Hope this is ok with the moderators. Since I can only post one photo per message, I will post each separately. Also, there are some very nice roads close by for those that enjoy curves and not the interstate.

Attachments

• MOA Open House 4.jpg
    MOA Open House 4.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 165
Back