• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do I change the Tire Pressure monitoring from Bar to PSI?

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
We have two RTs in the family and the 2007 belonging to my wife has always showed tire pressure in bar while my 2008 has shown it in psi. While I do know the rough equivalents of the conversion I am more comfortable in psi even though Canada converted to metric decades ago (took me 15 years to get used to liters per 100 Km from miles per gallon). Anyhow I reviewed the MOM and found no reference to how one might change from one setup to the other. A quick search on this site yielded quite a few tire pressure threads but nothing specific to my question. Anyone run into this and figure it out or have a service manual with more in depth information? Thanks in advance for any advice out there.

My guess is a dealer should be able to hook it up to their computer (GT-1) to make the change much like can be done to change the 12/24 hour clock and Celcius/Fahrenheit temp gauge. There isn't an end-user adjustment that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
If you ever do find out please share with us fellow Canadians who would much, much prefer PSI to BAR.

Happy riding.

Nothing to it!!! Simply divide by 14.6 in your head!

What?........you mean everyone can't do that?

Lesse,...613.2 divided by 14.6,...is,.....uhmmm,....hang on,....gottat get the calculator.

Oh yeah! 42 psi!

Back