• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help needed with GS rear drive near Flores, Guatemala

beemerguru

A freind of mine, Brian Halton is riding his 89 R100 GS around Central America. I just got word that he blew the rear drive and is stuck at a little Honda dealer near Flores, Guatemala.

I don't know the extent of the problem and don't have a paralever rear drive..just a couple monos.

First, does anyone have any contacts with a fellow airhead in that part of the country? And who might have either a spare drive shaft or rear drive for a GS?

I'll post more when I get an update but right now he and his wife are stuck.

If the name sounds familiar, Brian is the Editor and founder of CityBike,,but really doesn't know how to turn a wrench to save his life ;-)

Back