• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Heal fast, David Hough

BCKRider

Kbiker
David was recently injured in a motorcycle accident. (See Sidecars and Trikes forum, "Spydering" post #65.)

I'm sure that his many friends would like to offer their best wishes for a speedy recovery, though you will see why it may be some time before he replies.

Just thought a new thread here might get more attention than the one in the Sidecars forum.

All my best, Dave
We all need you to remind us that motorcycle safety is never to be taken for granted.

Dave,

Heal fast. We need your online voice now more than ever!

If it will help, give me a call and I'll type for you . . .

Voni
sMiling

Though we've never met, your books and articles have made me a more aware and hopefully safer, rider. Best wishes for a quick recovery David.

I read about Dave's accident in the linked thread above. I wish Dave a speedy recovery.

I expect that Dave will be able to incorporate the lessons learned from his accident into subsequent safety messages.

THANKS everyone for the kind thoughts. Iwill continue to monitor the forum, but typing is very sloooow and tedious, and my brace keeps opening other info when i don't want.

and, my time is occupied witj medical missioms. I had a CT scan on
wed. and have another visit to the hand ortho today. I hope not another surgery???

The discouraging news is that I// wont be able to ride a bike for maybe six weeks to 2 mo, so Ill be unable to ride with my son on the Adriatic tour in Sep. If the ortho approves, I'll go anyway and ride in the luggage van. If not.......

You can all be assured that I'll write about the lessons from this, once I get my hands back. Most crashes begin with a stupid decision made earlier.

Here's me and Sparky on a fun ride about an hour before the crash (on a Sport bike I had switched to.)

David L. Hough

Attachments

• Dave & Sparky Klikitac 01 sm.jpg
    Dave & Sparky Klikitac 01 sm.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 526
a quick update:

Yesterday's CT scan shows multiple fractures in my right hand--that didn't show on the x-rays, chu8nks of bone separated, etc.

I go into surgery again at Olympic Memorial in Port Angeles first thing Monday morning. I expect all sorts of hardware.

The trip to the Adriatic is looking very unlikely--even in a four wheeler. But my (50yr old) son is going--with or without me.

progress report later.

any reports of my death are greatly exxagerated. (M Twain)

pmdave

Surgery beats the alternative. Heal fast and well, Dave. Sorry about the Adriatic, this year. Start making plans for next year after the surgery comes out well, and you'll feel better.

Just as reports of your death are greatly exaggerated, I am optimistic you'll be much better, now that all that damage was uncovered. Just imagine if you healed with all that inside anyway. UGH!

Take care, man. We are all rooting for you.

Last edited:
Heal quickly Dave. I am hoping to see you in fine form at your "Coffee Sessions" next year in Pennsylvania. I am most grateful for your writing/riding suggestions that have on occasion saved my bacon.

That's tough, Dave. I hope the healing is expeditious and to your satisfaction.
The stoppies got your attention, I'll bet.

All the best,
Bruce

Back