• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Handlebar Riser For 2013 GS -LC 40 (1.6") & 60mm (2.25") Recommandations

activehybrid

Handlebar Riser For 2013 GS -LC 40 (1.6") & 60mm (2.25") Recommandations

Hi everybody,

I searched this forum but did not find a specific answer for the HandleBar Riser I'm looking for.

I'm looking for 40mm , 50mm or 60mm handlebar riser and some of them have pivot feature. My questions are :

1) Do I need to re-route any cable for 40-50-60 mm models ? Please tell which make/model are you using and did you re-route any cable for installation ?

2) Does pivoting function important ?

3) What is the best height for handlebar riser?

4) Rox Clear Andonized 2" (50mm) $135 - this model had pivot function , Touratech 40mm(1.6") $94 - Please advise which one should I get ?

Thanks for the answers!
Onur

I have the ROX risers on my 2016gsa and my 2009gsa. They offer a lot of adjustment and are easy to install. I also have them on my KTM 450. I was a little worried if they would hold up to riding enduros and hare scrambles and have so far been great/

I have the ROX risers on my 2016gsa and my 2009gsa. They offer a lot of adjustment and are easy to install. I also have them on my KTM 450. I was a little worried if they would hold up to riding enduros and hare scrambles and have so far been great/

Did you have to reroute or replace any cables?

Rox experience

I just installed the Rox 2" bar risers on my 2016 GSA. Both Rox and my BMW dealer recommend re-routing the clutch and brake cables to go around the outside of the forks. The actual work to drop the forks was very quick and easy...Rox supplies instructions on doing this. Where I got tripped up was trying to figure out how to apply cable ties to the re-routed cables. It also seemed to me that the re-routed cables were getting pinched between the forks and the sides of the bike. Ended up letting my dealer decide what to do about the cables and the cable ties while bike was in for 600 mile hair-do. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will be interested to see what they did.

Pivoting ROX

I installed the pivoting Rox and love them. As others have said super easy to drop the fork tunes and reroute the cables. As far as ease of pivoting you have to loosen a bolt on each side of the clamp on top to the steering head to do so. So pivot on the fly is not possible. I am not tall just 5'10" but it makes me sit more upright and takes enough pressure of my wrists that my hands no longer go to sleep.
Hope this helps.
TK

I just installed the Rox 2" bar risers on my 2016 GSA. Both Rox and my BMW dealer recommend re-routing the clutch and brake cables to go around the outside of the forks. The actual work to drop the forks was very quick and easy...Rox supplies instructions on doing this. Where I got tripped up was trying to figure out how to apply cable ties to the re-routed cables. It also seemed to me that the re-routed cables were getting pinched between the forks and the sides of the bike. Ended up letting my dealer decide what to do about the cables and the cable ties while bike was in for 600 mile hair-do. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will be interested to see what they did.

Interested to know what your dealer did with your cables?

Back