• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good news about my gas tank

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
My heart sunk when small black chunks came out of my gas tank while draining the old fuel. I ordered a small snake camera that connects to a cell phone (±$20) and took a peek inside. And, it doesn't look that bad. Granted it still needs to be cleaned out properly, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it might. The tank appears to be very much salvageable, since the videos I've seen on cleaning and resealing tanks show much worse. Whew!! Here are two photos of the inside. The pictures are a little blurry given that I cannot focus the camera. The first photos is what the worst areas look like. There are areas that have no black/rust. It looks as though the majority of the red coating is still intact, but I didn't take photos of those areas.

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 68
Back