• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin Smart Link / Nav VI weather alerts useless

Fastman

Fastman
I have the Nav VI on my R1200 GSAW and Garmin Smart Link app on my iPhone. While riding, I get the (annoying) audible alert through my Sena 20S and a banner across the top of my screen indicating some "important" weather condition that I should be aware of (extreme heat warning, dense fog advisory, flash flooding warning, gale force winds, etc.). Tapping on the banner or the icon that pops up afterward on the left side of the screen brings up a map, but no indication WHERE the condition is located. I purchased and can receive/see weather radar displays, but those other alerts are essentially useless without some sort of overlay showing location on the map. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in the same boat as you....I feel as though something should be happening when I touch the banner.....yet nothing just a map.....lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too get them. Most of the time for strong wind with no overlay on the map. I did get a severe weather alert once that had an overlay. Wonder if only some of them are working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see an overlay on some warnings but not all. Flood warnings usually show the area affected.
I'm not connected with sound to the GPS so the warnings do not bother me.
I mainly like the Live Link for the animated radar.

I've only seen a flood overlay, nothing else. I like the animated radar, but the frequent audio alerts for something like excessive heat (I already know it's frigging hot) or dense fog (totally clear skies) annoy the heck out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is so annoying, I have uninstalled Smartlink. The worst thing is it interrupts the intercom for about 10 seconds.

Back