• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

G450X ÔÇô Podium finish for Kirssi in his first Indoor Enduro

mika

Still Wondering
Kirssi climbs onto podium upon Indoor debut
Thursday, 13 November 2008

Simo Kirssi has all reasons to be pleased with his first-ever Indoor Enduro. The BMW factory rider finished third at the invitational "MotoLive Endurocross" held during the EICMA show in Milan, as many top riders used the event to prepare for the upcoming World Cup series.

Kirssi, a renowned cross country expert, accustomed well to the sprint character of Indoor Enduro and used the power of his BMW 450 X to quickly find his feet in this new-to-him discipline. The Finn ended his first qualifier in third before winning his second. The main event saw Kirssi engaged in a fierce battle with the more experienced Ivan Cervantes, Taddy Blazusiak and Mika Ahola. The quartet kept chasing eventual winner Antoine Meo to no avail, but nevertheless put on a superb show. It was Cervantes who finally came second with Kirssi rounding out the podium. The Scandinavian finished first 450 four-stroke rider in the field.

BMW's second representative, Jeff Goblet, unfortunately failed to reach the main event.

Simo Kirssi: "Obviously I'm very pleased with the result. During the first qualifier I missed the jump out of the gate and had to take my time watching the competition. The second qualifier went perfect, it even caught me by surprise a little to be winning. Anyway, it was fun. The main event proved to be a tough battle. Antoine started so quick, it was impossible to catch him. Ivan, Taddy, Mika and I had a massive fight going on - so to finish on the podium is a great feeling."

Simo Kirssi will be in action again on 16 November, as the Indoor World Cup series kicks off in Barcelona, Spain.

416633286_vU8Sh-L.jpg

Back