• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Friday the 13th

Holly

Amma
Today was the regular Friday the 13th pilgrimage to Port Dover. Port Colbourne, nearby had 30cm of snow and Buffalo is in a state of emergency, but there was little snow left in Dover by the time I got there. You wouldn't believe the number of us who rode there today! Sorry, no pictures, my fingers were too cold to work the camera. The wind was truly wicked and I was kept busy just trying to stay on the road going there and back. Careful riding through the wet leaves and over those bridges that freeze first etc. Love my electric vest!

That's it for this year. Next year I'll ride there on April 13th, but I'm going to miss the July 13th ride because I will be in WI.

Too Windy !!

I envy your stamina, Holly. Before I even left London for Dover yesterday, I was being bounced around the lanes by wind gusts of 55 kph. The temperature was not a problem with the electrics, but it is the first time that I have cancelled a ride because I considered the winds to be too dangerous for a trip. Glad that you had a good day yesterday. See you on April 13th.

I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be riding in southern Ontario yesterday!

Did you break down and sell the Nortons?

Rinty

Port Washington

M1KA, does Port Washington look like this?

Attachments

• PD13.jpg
    PD13.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 63
Riding to Port Dover

Rinty, several hundred of us rode to Port Dover yesterday. The sane ones, like Paul F. turned back because of the winds.

Yes, I sold the Nortons. Kind of miss them but they will be ridden now and that is good. They were gathering way too much dust.

friday the 13th

That looks like a fun meet! Too bad about your bikes, but its satisfying to clear out earlier machines, sometimes. I was at Anderwerks yesterday and a friend came by with a 74? Commando Roadster that he had just bought in Denver. It had a Mikuni roundslide feeding the two cylinders. When he blipped the throttle it would move backwards on its centre stand. It was tough to start, but he's going to upgrade the coils and some other electrical stuff. Great sounding bike.

Rinty

Back