• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

Again, Thank you all for the encouraging words. I will be very busy while they re gone, I have 3 bikes to get ready and a retaining wall to finish. I plan on working until I am beat, so I can fall asleep. If that fails, I have a large bottle of Don Julio.
I'll just smack myself in the head with it.:ha

Roy, you and Alec are always welcome to come over and spend some time with John and Mitch while the girls are gone. I'll make myself scarce - I wouldn't want to out play anyone on guitar OR Nintendo. :ha It won't be too hard to find something do to (especially since my bike is home and running AWESOME)!!!! :thumb

Becky (signed in under the wrong user, I know)

Roy, you and Alec are always welcome to come over and spend some time with John and Mitch while the girls are gone. I'll make myself scarce - I wouldn't want to out play anyone on guitar OR Nintendo. :ha It won't be too hard to find something do to (especially since my bike is home and running AWESOME)!!!! :thumb

Becky (signed in under the wrong user, I know)
:ha Becky :wave

You don't have to leave, unless our playing is that bad.
I am glad the bike is running sweet, now John needs to twin plug it and put a hot cam in.

Saw the video last night ... but they did not run it until after 10:30, so I was barely awake. The interview certainly had a positive spin on the process.

Adventure Rider logo - - ADV - - proudly displayed on the shirt. :D

Still nothing on the TV's web site so I cannot post the link.

Probably shouldn't post the link, they use our last names and stuff, and this being the interweb and stuff.
If anybody wants to see it, pm me for info.
:wave

So.................we got the results of the latest blood test and she seems to be less "reactive" to certain foods, so we may be able to stop or lessen some of her supplements. We also may be able to give her more food variety.

They leave in 9 days and I already feel queasy.
:hungover

Time for a follow up

OK it has been a few months since my wife and daughter returned from China and Stem Cell treatments. She had about 3 seizures this time starting with the first spinal injection. She had one small one the weekend they got home (that was scary, I was home alone with her). So far, she seems to be doing very well. Every week at therapy, they say she is doing things she couldn't do before she left. Yesterday, she walked about 200 feet in her walker, the big thing being pushing with the other foot when lifting one foot. They said that is huge progress. She was bulling around in that walker, and while it seemed like work for her, she seemed determined to keep walking. All this after being very tired, the dog woke her up early. She seems to be watching and paying attention more, and she enjoys being in her stander at home. She really slumped in it before the trip. All in all, I have to say the Stem Cells did something, which is all we can ask. They had also prescribed a Ritalin type drug for her, and that also really seemed to help. we are going to start that up again when school starts. Right now, I have Family Medical Leave for 3 days a week, so I can work with her in the day time. We have also booked hyperbaric visits (20) and start them next week.
Make A Wish granted our wish and we got a new 24' pool to work Rachael in
They also had a big party for us Saturday. We all got robes with our initial, and towels with our names on, tote bags, a cooler on wheels, a hammock, many toys for the pool, all donated by Land's End. Allied Pools donated the pool.
It was great! Fireworks were provided by Boughtalotta (Me!:laugh) and the special needs parents all stayed until almost midnight. Everybody had a great time, even when I played my guitar. :ha
P7240001.jpg

We cleaned it up a bit:
P7260012.jpg

My hammock (Mine I tell you!)
P7260014.jpg

All in all, life is ok. The summer started out badly, but it got a bit better.
I will also say I will not make it to Redmond next year, we have planned a big family vacation because we didn't go anywhere this year. The whole family will be at Yellowstone. That should be fun.

It's always great to hear good news, Roy! :clap:clap:clap And make sure you have plenty of time for Yellowstone. That's one of the greatest places to visit. Should be fun for everyone!

It's always great to hear good news, Roy! :clap:clap:clap And make sure you have plenty of time for Yellowstone. That's one of the greatest places to visit. Should be fun for everyone!
We have been there before, but it will be great to see it through the eyes of the kids.
:nod

Thank you everybody. We are watching TV and eating breakfast right now, she is such a cutie.:heart

When I put her to bed and we are laying there and she says "Love you" out of the blue, the feeling I get is hard for me to put into words. I waited a long time to hear that, and it is worth it.

You sure are getting practice at eating elephants - one bite at a time. I am so happy for you that things are looking up. Thanks for the update.

Best,
Muriel

Wow, that's a nice setup Roy.
I needed some warm and fuzzy today.

Always thinking good thoughts,
Wez

Back