• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

Repeat after me "go ask your mother".Learn it well and you will have it a little easier..Ed

:lol

Well, logistics got a little easier, and a little harder today.
Rapidson has now got his driver's license. Passed the first time too.
I am elated and fearful, at the same time. It's an odd feeling.

Remembering that little kid sitting at the computer - he now has a drivers license! Jeez, time sure blows by, doesn't it?

Send our congrats to Rapidson.
Thanks for coming over yesterday. It was nice seeing you all. Please tell Rapidwife I now know where to put the garbage during a party.

Send our congrats to Rapidson.
Thanks for coming over yesterday. It was nice seeing you all. Please tell Rapidwife I now know where to put the garbage during a party.
My pleasure. Thank you for having us. Guess who has a Vox Classic Rock now?
:whistle

Also, yesterday, we were on seizure watch. Her left hand started with the tremors, so we upped her dose and kept a close eye on her last night. No seizures, but she did wake up 5 times. My wife lays with her, as I have to work, but she did not hear her the first 2 times. I'm tired.

Well golly, maybe I am not blessed with all bad luck.
Caregiver coming today. They will come up to 45 hours a week, which is way too much. We can finally do something as husband and wife (no, not argue, or fooling around either, I am not getting rousted from the park by some cop at 49 years of age. ). I meant like dinner and a movie, or yard chores, they will be here on Saturday or Sunday as well.
:clap
It's a new day.

:wave
Thanks all, this is all so new we are not used to it yet. I had a visiting ADV rider this weekend, and Thanks to our weekend caregiver. I was able to ride to a meet and greet with him. Even if they just stay with her, we can do housework and yard work, and know she is getting attention and exercise. If we let her eat with her own hands, a meal can take almost an hour.

Another MAJOR sMilestone!

Thanks for sharing your joy as well as your worries.

Hugs!

Voni
sMiling

:wave
Thank you all for allowing me to share my burden, as well as my joy.

While saddened I won't be in Bloomsburg, I will get my fix by hanging out with a bunch of BMW hooligans this weekend.

Well, since I have been out riding this Summer, I assumed you all were.
It has been a while, so I just thought I should do an update.

Rachael has not been sleeping through the night for months. We do not know why, but if my wife was working, this would have killed us by now.She also had braces installed yesterday, where normal kids do, on their teeth. So she is experiencing some of the pain from that, and I had them so I can relate to what she is going through. She had an ear infection a few weeks back, which made her sleep even less. This is why I got somewhat agitated at all the folks at the ADV Central Rally telling me I have plenty of time to work on my bike. Until you have walked a mile in my moccasins, you really have no idea.
I called my wife last week on Thursday, and she told me Rachael had done really well in Horse therapy, and had walked around the whole Therapy building in her walker.
She had not done well with that since I last posted, I am sure the ear infection was part of that, but not sure how much. They also gave us a ADHD drug to try with her last Monday. She repeatedly stuck her tongue to the left and her right arm was really jerky, and she would not sleep until about 5 am Tuesday, we thought she was going to have a seizure. Needless to say, we did not give her anymore. Almost everything we do is uncharted, and I hate the fact that I feel like I am experimenting on her.

We are also going to stop the web page. It started at 10 bucks a month, and when they went to China, it was good was for all to keep tabs. Now my wife doesn't Blog at all, Yahoo is charging us 20 a month, and we feel the money would be better spent elsewhere. We could afford it, but it feels unnecessary to keep it up. So school will start soon, my wife will get a break during the day, although the caregivers helped with that this summer.
They are an interesting mix of folks.:laugh

It has been a good Summer so far in every other way, and for all those who signed her guest book, Thank you. I have been backing up the file so once we go off line, I will still have them all. I hope and pray she is to a point where she can understand how many folks were cheering for her, but I really don't know.

9 years ago today, we were sitting in Children's Hospital wondering if our little girl would live or not. I am so happy we still have her, but my heart aches for what might have been as well. Try and remember the good things today, and I will try and do the same. Happy Friday.

I feel your angst. Sending good thoughts your way.

21 years ago we were dealing with severe colic. We did not really know it at the time, but it was because she did not move like a newborn. Well, in a way we did know, but we were in denial.

I go to visit my daughter this weekend, she is moving to what we hope will be a much better living arrangement much closer to her mom.

the best for you and yours.

Rod

Back