• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F-bike threads

I am curious too about why the activity seems to have dropped off all of a sudden. I guess no one is having any trouble with their thumpers.

I guess no one is having any trouble with their thumpers.

not true, my water pump went and i have not had a chance to fix it yet. you can thank me latter for doing my part to keep this forum active.

I have heard the water pump is something you can expect to go out at some point on the F650GS. What model and year is yours, and how many miles? Just wanting to get an idea about when this might happen.

my water pump went on my '07 w/36,000 miles. i replaced it and it lasted less then 1000 miles. i now think i need to replace the clutch cover along with the water pump. i think the hole in the clutch cover the impeller goes through is out of round, which is what caused my pump to fail the second time with less then 1000 miles. after i replace the clutch cover and water pump and my bike is back up and running i will take the old clutch cover to a machine shop and have them drill out the hole the impeller goes through and put a bushing in there. i think this will prevent the hardened shaft of the impeller to wear away the soft aluminum of the clutch cover, thus causing the hole to become out of round. i am not sure this will work, but i will give it a try and then next time my water pump goes (hopefully in another 36,000 miles) i will put the clutch cover with the bushing installed on.

Back