• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

EZPass on an R1250RS

This post was not an attempt to say that everyone needs to carry an EZPass. My only objective was to give folks with an RS an option *if* they live in a stone-age state and/or envision needing a pass during their travels. Those of you with better pass systems or no need to frequently carry a pass, feel free to ignore this thread if you prefer to do so.

I commute from Woodbridge, VA to DC on my bike just about everyday. This time of year most of my co-workers think I'm nuts, but I have the gear for the cold and free express lanes. For where I ride - 95/395 - I don't need a pass nor do I have my bike's plate registered with them. It's just free and only takes me about 30 minutes door to door.

Ignore this thread? Are you kidding me? There are so few threads dedicated to our bikes, I was happy to read every post. Today, there were 2 RS threads. It felt like Christmas.

I commute from Woodbridge, VA to DC on my bike just about everyday. This time of year most of my co-workers think I'm nuts, but I have the gear for the cold and free express lanes.

I had the same looks/comments for years. If there was no significant slick stuff on the ground, I was on two wheels everyday, down into single digits. Heated gear is a blessing!

Ironically, I was warmer in the elevator without a coat (I stuffed my gear into the saddlebags in the underground garage) than the people who were totally bundled up and freezing from walking two blocks from the Metro station. :)

Ignore this thread? Are you kidding me? There are so few threads dedicated to our bikes, I was happy to read every post. Today, there were 2 RS threads. It felt like Christmas.
I'll have to go look for the 2nd one -- they are too scarce! Guess the cool guys/gals are all out on their RSs ... ;)

Here in NY we were promised that once the bonds used to finance the cost of building the NYS Thruway (opened 1954-55) were paid the tolls would be abolished. HaHaHa! Everything is electronic now so if you don't have EZ Pass you'll be sent a bill for your tolls based on the registration plate readers information. However with EZ Pass your tolls are discounted.
That trivia out of the way..... I just keep mine mounted on the windscreen of my RS as it's rather small. I can remove it from the Velcro mount if I'm concerned about security and definitely remove it if I'm trailering the bike to avoid double tolling.

Back