• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Exhasust Pipes...

BLACKHAMIV

LHBMWRC- V.P.
Hi All,
I have a stock 2003 R1150RT with only 10,000. mi. on it. Was wondering if anyone would have feedback or info on switching to a Staintune or Remus Exhaust system. Wanting info on weight & performance. Pro's/ Con's of either from those out there who own and switched to either one.? Thanks in advance All!
Regards,
George J. Blackham IV
MOA # 88408
Windber, Pa.

I added a Stantune system to my '94 R1100RS. At the same time I added the Techlusion fuel and air controller. Dialed it in, which was pretty simple. The bike then had a nice pleasant sound. It felt like it had more pep in the step. I guess it's probably 1/2 the weight of the stock system. I did this many years ago. I liked it. The bike was rated at 90HP before the mod and I'm sure it was 90HP after. Would I do it again. Yep. Any comparable BMW now probably has 110-130 HP, with no mods.

I got a 08 RT and put a remus muffler on it with a K&N oilit air filter. yea it gave it alittle more pep, and after about 10K miles the muffler sounds preaty darn good. its got a lowww Growlll. the orginial muffler is called a silentcer for a definite reason it sounds crappy. I don't like straight pipes on anything that's street rode, but lets face it the mustang GT and dodge RTs and the camaro SS all have great sounding stock exhausts and the RT should too. mine is not loud but definitely sounds good. expensive heck yea like 700bucks. dosnt sound like a souped up weed eater either. and the chrome muffler body looks way better than the woven kevalar look.

Back