• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Empty Nest

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
Sure is quiet here since the kids left; you know, the twins. Sure it was wearisome dealing with their growing pains sometimes, but be honest, you miss listening-in on their discussions about whatÔÇÖs the best after market part for this and that; hearing their discussions as they explore their physical attributes; and helping them deal with their foibles and failures. I relish the peace and quiet since they left, but just sometimes I wish theyÔÇÖd drop in for a visit. Sniff. :(

empty nest

Yep, went through that last year, when our daughter moved into residence at university.

Luckily, it's just down the road a few kilometres.:D

We are prepared for empty nesting by growing teenagers, but like you, we miss having our children with us. It is an adjustment that some couples find difficult. The next big challenge is retiring which I don't plan on doing as long as we have our health.

Back