• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Death Valley and China Ranch

D

Dagley

For those of you who think the riding season is over, "Head west young man!"
The attached video chronicals the Rawhyde Secret Rally in Death Valley last year. The secret was that nobody was supposed to know exactly where it was until they got there by following GPS clues left along the way. (I figured it out in the bar in Indianapolis but it took three glasses of wine and a WiFi connection) Anyway, the rally site was a place called China Ranch and it was quite unique. Jim Hyde :thumb puts on a first class deal and we had a great time.

Death Valley is navicable by any type of bike and although the GS guys have many more options, that should not stop those who don't have one.

This is the land of wide open spaces and the skies goes all the way to the ground out here. A good chance to see if motorcycle camping is your stick. Pleasant days and cool nights.

Go here to see the video: http://dakardag.phanfare.com/album/141610

The road to China Ranch is gravel and it might not be a good idea to try to take a road bike down there but hey, it's your bike, do what you thinks best.
Salud,
Dagger

Thanks for sharing Dagger! Looks like fun.

Liked the music on the video - 1st time I had heard that arrangement - took me a few seconds to recognize it....

Back