• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Daily use of RT and the RADIO option

joepayne1950

Greetings!

I have owned four GS models and am entertaining a move to an RTw for use the city, on local backroads, and two-up trips. The radio feature is attractive to me and I "think" I would use it doing commutes and on longer leisurely rides as well.

Here's a specific concern for me. Having used and later ditched earbuds in the past (hated the distraction of not being able to hear hardly at all), I would use the built-in speakers. I do wear ear plugs on long rides and at higher speeds, but not in city or even on slower backroad tours. Searching the usefulness of the RT speakers yields a lot of subjectivity and a lot of comments that they are not very powerful.

NOTE: I do not intend to blast tunes like I'm at Daytona Bike Week, but rather simply listen to my music and weather stations at a reasonable volume.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Back