• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cruise control

In the 70's I rode an R60/5 from California to Maine and back without even a throttle lock. Now, any time I'm on a straight or gently curving road with no traffic in front of me the cruise control is on, even in urban areas.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the R60/5 did have a screw that locked the throttle. It wasn't very convenient but it helped.

I just completed a 400 mile trip on a Bonneville with no cruise control last weekend and my right hand still hurts. Made me appreciate the cruise control and the GS even more. "You don't know what you've got till its gone", Joni Mitchell.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the R60/5 did have a screw that locked the throttle. It wasn't very convenient but it helped.

You could set that screw carefully to provide only a little drag ... which would be enough to hold the throttle position for a little while.

Back