• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Crazy news or- who are they trying to kid?

I'm not sure which is more troubling: that she got away with enrolling in HS or that shegot away with being hired as a Dept of children and families social worker!

Gary, you need to get out and ride more. 98% of what passes as news these days should be ignored; the rest should be viewed with acute skepticism.

Gary, you need to get out and ride more. 98% of what passes as news these days should be ignored; the rest should be viewed with acute skepticism.

Especially the stuff that is specifically written to piss everyone off.

inflation

My agent said all due to inflation. Any where between 8% to 30% coming. :banghead:eek Underwriters of insurance doing it.

Serious question. Inflation of what? Their costs to do business? I don’t understand.

Probably materials and labor.
Most seem to have a “full replacement cost” feature in their policy.
Have you bought a 2”X4” lately?

OM

My agent said all due to inflation. Any where between 8% to 30% coming. :banghead:eek Underwriters of insurance doing it.

What a load. They’re using inflation, now down for the 12th month in a row, to rip you off. The Feds paused interest rate hikes because inflation is easing and ending. No recession is coming. Don’t buy into the fear.

They are making record profits. That’s why your prices are up. Look at fuel pricing. Record prices AND record profits. It’s not due to anything but piling more profits, as a percentage of sale price, hidden among more generalized and anppr inflation based increases. They raised prices above and beyond inflation dictated costs and raked you for more of your money and are passing it off as inflation.

And for those folks like Exxon, we gave them a tax credit in the billions as they made billions in net profit. Who’s zooming who?

I love capitalism and I’m pretty good at it, but like a dog, if you don’t keep it controlled, it’s gonna bite everybody and crap on your rug. And now we’re seeing the results of 40 years of deregulation - we’re getting screwed.

What a load. They’re using inflation, now down for the 12th month in a row, to rip you off. The Feds paused interest rate hikes because inflation is easing and ending. No recession is coming. Don’t buy into the fear.

They are making record profits. That’s why your prices are up. Look at fuel pricing. Record prices AND record profits. It’s not due to anything but piling more profits, as a percentage of sale price, hidden among more generalized and anppr inflation based increases. They raised prices above and beyond inflation dictated costs and raked you for more of your money and are passing it off as inflation.

And for those folks like Exxon, we gave them a tax credit in the billions as they made billions in net profit. Who’s zooming who?

I love capitalism and I’m pretty good at it, but like a dog, if you don’t keep it controlled, it’s gonna bite everybody and crap on your rug. And now we’re seeing the results of 40 years of deregulation - we’re getting screwed.

Well said, and to that I’d add that insurance companies carrying policies in climate-impacted areas like the western and southern coasts or forested areas in the west, have been in trouble for a long time, tho that hasn’t stopped them from increasing executive compensation and stockholder dividends.

Best,
DeVern

Obviously, an insurer is only going to pull out when it’s no longer profitable. And why is it no longer profitable? When there’s too many claims. Not getting political, but ask yourself why there’s too many claims?

Back