• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Congrats to Wojciech Kasperuk for the Cannonball Run '23 on a 1931 BMW R2!

Video before the start in Virginia Beach. The middle of the video there's a quick pan of some of the bikes...I don't recall seeing the BMWs...I think there are 4 in the race:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HPjoYrz5DMk?si=L4FZwZcrv0bdCu1u" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I coincidentally happened to pass by the Cannonball riders going the other direction than I was between Maggie Valley NC and Gatlinburg TN via the BRP & US-441 three Sunday afternoon's ago. Many of the riders would have been held up for a bit by the elk just outside Cherokee. They were spread out over a fair distance. The majority of the bikes looked so small and frail compared to what we typically see on the roads these days for bikes and cars. They were also having to deal with some nasty storm cells that were popping up that afternoon. A lot of long assents on that stage that were giving a number of the bikes some challenges. In fact, I saw one being pulled up from Maggie Valley to the BRP by another bike using a tow rope attached to the handlebars. It was rather nice, unexpected highlight to an already stellar long loop I did that day. Pretty darn amazing they could many of these bikes going for the full distance.

There were 3 BMWs

Video before the start in Virginia Beach. The middle of the video there's a quick pan of some of the bikes...I don't recall seeing the BMWs...I think there are 4 in the race:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HPjoYrz5DMk?si=L4FZwZcrv0bdCu1u" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Two R2s and one R11 started. One of the R2s was out before they made it to Havasu. I must have missed the R11 but the scorecard said it made it to Oceanside? It's one thing to see these bikes in a museum, quite more impressive to see them on the road covering 3,800 miles! (And the riders were impressive in their own right as well I must add!)

Yea, well, Congrats to Mr Kasperuk on his well-maintained BMW R2! :thumb

This topic was way below my radar, but we do try to follow a local CBR enthusiast {Erik Bahl - usually on a HD}.

Thanx for sharing this CBR news!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back