• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Chip, chip, chipping away

Bud

It is what it is.
Made these for a friend to give to his grand daughters for Christmas. Have 4 more to make for our grand daughters.

5" bevel mirror on the other side.

1386283586.jpg

1386283641.jpg

I have a CNC router in the basement which makes it possible for me to do this kind of stuff.

Need any snow?????:laugh

thanks but no...it is 76* outside here right now. I am going to a children's home benefit tonight in N Alabama and they are predicting a low of 32* up there. So I sit herein my long sleeve stuff getting ready to leave and I am burning up!! We'll be riding back up there in the morning and they are predicting a high of 45 and a good chance of rain. Gotta love this time of year. Crazy weather indeed.

BTW I was up your way in Vandalia last week for Thanksgiving...got myself back down south just in time huh?? :wave

Nothing beats a real handmade gift, sibud. Nice work!

Coming from an old shop teacher,
pete

Thanks Pete.

It is a lot of fun. My wife wants to know if I will make any money doing this. :dance

With my time being worth $0.00/hour I'm only losing about $20 on each one. :laugh:laugh:laugh

How big is the bed? How much Z? What's your spindle, a Dremel tool?

I had a desktop CNC for a while but it was too small. Something like 36"x36"x6" would be nice, especially 5-axis so I could make drafted patterns for my aluminum foundry. I'll be getting a Haas VF-something within a few years.

Need any snow?????:laugh

need any wood? I'm "wood poor"... Currently sawing a bunch of cedar logs(too coooold today for meeee tooo saaaw) for a project, while it's not a personal favorite furniture wood it works great for my intended use.
Now you need try woodburning/hand carving the mirror backs?

need any wood? I'm "wood poor"... Currently sawing a bunch of cedar logs(too coooold today for meeee tooo saaaw) for a project, while it's not a personal favorite furniture wood it works great for my intended use.
Now you need try woodburning/hand carving the mirror backs?

I have ZERO hand/eye coordination. I can't see plumb or level or square. My wife notices 1/32" out of level on a 12' run of cabinets.

Looked good to me.:banghead

Back