• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ceramic Coating?

On mine under comfort package it notes: 350 chrome exhaust pipe. So I guess the coating needs to be removed first.

Jet-Hot thinks it is stainless. I am taking the pipes off Sunday and taking them Tuesday to start the process. So far great people to work with.

Looks like you are ready to install them, that rug is up to the task (it's too cold in the shop/garage) just don't check with the wife :whistle

They do look great - enjoy

Jay

That is an old rug in the shed. I got it back together. I will take some photos tomorrow. The quote was $250. There wan't a surcharge for chrome removal so I guess they sandblasted. I dropped it by last Tuesday and it was ready to pick up Monday.

That is an old rug in the shed. I got it back together. I will take some photos tomorrow. The quote was $250. There wan't a surcharge for chrome removal so I guess they sandblasted. I dropped it by last Tuesday and it was ready to pick up Monday.

Looks great Buck :thumb Jet-Hot has quite a few variations of black. Which one did you choose?

Just installed my ceramic coated headers/collectors

Hi guys I just installed my full Remus exhaust on my bike with the Jet Coating. I used a company in South Florida named Hot Shots located in Davie. I had the headers and collector done in black. The cost was 150.00 all in. I dropped them off last Monday and picked them up Friday. Very pleased with how they came out :)

I also made a video for the sound which is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zSVP07rdA

IMG_7048.jpgIMG_7047.jpgIMG_7046.jpg

Hi guys I just installed my full Remus exhaust on my bike with the Jet Coating. I used a company in South Florida named Hot Shots located in Davie. I had the headers and collector done in black. The cost was 150.00 all in. I dropped them off last Monday and picked them up Friday. Very pleased with how they came out :)

I also made a video for the sound which is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zSVP07rdA

WOW! That looks great! Nice color match. The full Remus system is quality stuff. Did you end up installing any type of fuel manager? i.e Booster Plug or Power Commander?

Booster Plug

WOW! That looks great! Nice color match. The full Remus system is quality stuff. Did you end up installing any type of fuel manager? i.e Booster Plug or Power Commander?

Yes I went with a booster plug. I installed that about a month ago prior to doing the exhaust. I had one on my 2008 GS and have been a believer on them for a few years. In my experience I have NOT noticed the computer learning after a few tanks and going back to what it was before hand install of the Booster Plug. I did have a stock exhaust the whole time.

I would imagine that if that is true, about the computer learning then I should notice a lot more popping in my exhaust after I run a few tanks of fuel through it. I'll keep you guys updated.

Right when I installed the exhaust and fired it up the first time, I had a few flames coming out of the pipe & it was popping quite a bit, however within two minutes the computer learned and I had very little pop and no flamage!! :)

Richard

I've had my R1150GS, K1200GT and my new 2014 R1200GS headers done in the Satin finish Jet Hot Ceramic Coating. All came out great.
I'll try to post some pics. Lots of tricks done to the 2014.

ceramic exhaust

The picture shows silver ceramic from New Image near Youngstown Ohio. Several friends have same finish- two years- no discoloration. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 121
Back