• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Car Mount for BMW Navigator V

jcdas

Hi folks.
I have a 2011 R1200RT with a Navigator V.

I want to be able to use it in my 2010 Chevrolet Equinox. It has a 3.5mm Audio input jack to possibly use for music in the GPS.

I've found a few options, but not sure which one to choose. Others say that the mounts for the Garmin 660 & 665 will fit the Nav V.

Mount with Integrated Power Cable Garmin pn 010-11270-03
https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/sho...rated-power-cable/prod34649_010-11270-03.html

Will the Navigator V send stereo out to vehicle radio, or only map turn by turn announcements ? If no music, then not much point in connecting to the vehicle audio system.

Suction Cup mount pn 010-11270-02
https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/sho...ction-cup-mount/prod34648.html#gallery-dialog
I think I've read that this one does not have a built in speaker, so no announcements.

I read somewhere, that there is a similar item pn 010-11274-21 which has a built in speaker, for map announcements only.

I think you need to order the appropriate cigarette lighter power cable for this one.

BMW has a kit 77528544460 which includes the suction mount and power cable. But probably a lot more $.

Any recommendations on which is the best option would be appreciated.

I don't know which is best, but I simply bought the BMW car mount. I used it strictly for spoken directions, as the mount has a built-in speaker.

"Suction Cup mount pn 010-11270-02
https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/shop...gallery-dialog
I think I've read that this one does not have a built in speaker, so no announcements."

This is what I have been using for several years. No issues with fit or function of the Nav V, but as you noted the voice commands don't work as the mount has no speaker. This hasn't been a problem in my case and you can find this mount typically for less than half the price of the BMW supplied mount. If you really want the voice commands the BMW part will be needed.

"Suction Cup mount pn 010-11270-02
https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/shop...gallery-dialog
I think I've read that this one does not have a built in speaker, so no announcements."

This is what I have been using for several years. No issues with fit or function of the Nav V, but as you noted the voice commands don't work as the mount has no speaker. This hasn't been a problem in my case and you can find this mount typically for less than half the price of the BMW supplied mount. If you really want the voice commands the BMW part will be needed.

Call Garmin Customer Service and tell them you have the Nav 5 and want the car mount (from what I was told...same as the one for the Zumo 660). A lot less than the BMW version and it has the speaker built in. I did buy a dash mount separately because the mount that came with it did not stick to my windshield very well.

There is a fundamental difference between the Nav V car mount and a 665/660 mount. The Nav V has no internal speaker, so the speaker is in the mount. The 66X has an internal speaker, so the mount does not have the speaker.

Navigator V with 665 mount

There is a fundamental difference between the Nav V car mount and a 665/660 mount. The Nav V has no internal speaker, so the speaker is in the mount. The 66X has an internal speaker, so the mount does not have the speaker.

That being said will the power function work with the Navigator V?

Back