• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

campground / RV park. MOA owner

jaybird1

If your are coming to Redmond from the South there is nice motorcycle friendly campground / RV park on Oregon Hwy 31 in Summer Lake OR. Check out the website at www.anareservoirrvpark.com. Nice and well kept. Paved road to park, supper clean rest rooms, fire pit, laundry, grass pads, check it out. There is a BMWMOA camping sign at the turn off.

Thx:)

I'm coming that way. I see Silver lake and Summer Hot Springs(all Hwy31), but no Summer lake town on my map. I even see Summer Lake, but my map shows no town of sorts. Paisley,Oregon is a reasonable size town, it appears just South of your camp. I'm looking, so thanks for the heads up. Is that a dry lake or a real wet one? I want to ride a lot of those GSA "dirt byways" around there enroute to Redmond:). That Freemont Nat.Forest is full of'em:) ANYBODY want to join up around LAKEVIEW, OREGON for some GS/GSA riding, say Sunday sometime and camp around there. I have to be in Redmond on Monday midday. Lets do some byway discovery time, heading towards Redmond:)....I'm in there for sure on a GSA1200'07(red/white one)Any takers, find me here:):thumb:usa.....Randy

Hey Randy. The park is actually about 20 mile north of Paisley. It is called Ana Reservoir RV Park. The Area know as Summer Lake is just that. No real town. The first thihg you will see is the Summer Lake Lodge on the West side of the road and the Headquarter for the Oregon State Bird Refuge on the east side. Another mile north of the lodge is the Summer Lake Store, Post office, Gas Station all rolled into one. one more mile north of that on the east side of the highway is Carlon Rd. (paved) turn right, go one mile and the park is on the south side of the road. Don't let the name (RV Park) scare you. It is a very nice, clean, motorcycle friendly park that welcomes tenters, just pick any site. There is The Summer Lake Hot Springs RV Park, just north of Paisley, (about 8 miles) it does have a hot springs but it is pretty seedy setup. More biker type, than Motorcyclist type if you get my drift. The actual Summer Lake is pretty much a dry lake. Ana Reservoir is a nice reservoir with great fishing and swimming. Have a great trip. Jay

Thx:)

Always good to know a camping spot recommended by fellow members:). I'm very likely to be through there around Sunday evening and Monday sometime in Redmond. I'm a WorkerBee/GSChairperson at the rally:). That part of Oregon interests me and the GSA for offroad adventuring. Later, Randy:thumb

Back