• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

C Bailey's no longer making motorcycle windscreens, some suggestions?

I have Aeroflow Tall on my 2008 RT, works fine. Even before I put it on the plastic articulation arms broke and I put on a stainless steel replacement.

I bought an Aeroflow Tall for my 2009 RT, but didn't care for it. I had too much turbulence from the curved lip on the top.

I wound up buying a tall screen made in Poland on eBay and am very happy with it. I like that they offer a variety of colors, even though I bought it in clear.

I bought an Aeroflow Tall for my 2009 RT, but didn't care for it. I had too much turbulence from the curved lip on the top.

I wound up buying a tall screen made in Poland on eBay and am very happy with it. I like that they offer a variety of colors, even though I bought it in clear.
Can you post a link for that screen? I only get a little buffeting when in traffic at speed, the larger the vehicles in front the more buffeting. I can lean on the tank bag and get away from all of it if I want to but I have to look through the screen and I prefer now to.

Can you post a link for that screen? I only get a little buffeting when in traffic at speed, the larger the vehicles in front the more buffeting. I can lean on the tank bag and get away from all of it if I want to but I have to look through the screen and I prefer now to.
Here you go:

Price is up $50 since I bought one last year, but I still recommend it. The brand name is Loster, and I am sure that the material is polycarbonate, as mine has no marks after a year and 4000 miles.

Here you go:

Price is up $50 since I bought one last year, but I still recommend it. The brand name is Loster, and I am sure that the material is polycarbonate, as mine has no marks after a year and 4000 miles.
It's acrylic according to them

I've decided to go with the National cycle Vstream for the next windscreen on the 11RT. I've had one on the 16RS for several years and prefer the polycarbonate to acrylic screens for a few reasons. That poly on my 16RS has barely any noticeable scratches on it in 4 years and nearly 30K miles.

I'd still prefer the C Bailey I have on the RT now. Too bad they don't make em anymore.

Good choice! I like the one I have, but if it gets tatty the replacement will be a Vstream.
I'll go with National cycles screen on the 11RT simply because I want the poly and not acrylic shield and it's a great shield on the 16RS I've used for 4 seasons.

I've decided to go with the National cycle Vstream for the next windscreen on the 11RT. I've had one on the 16RS for several years and prefer the polycarbonate to acrylic screens for a few reasons. That poly on my 16RS has barely any noticeable scratches on it in 4 years and nearly 30K miles.

I'd still prefer the C Bailey I have on the RT now. Too bad they don't make em anymore.
I have a Cee Bailey on the 99 1100RT and its a thicker and higher quality item than any other of the screens I have. I have Aeroflows on the 97 F650 and the 09 1200RT. I had to make a DIY support for the F650 screen which goes to the center of the steerer tube so to speak as the well nut attachment points are not robust enough especially on the freeway and on bumpy roads.

Back