• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Buell 2021

I like to use the example of the Wright Brothers.
OM

My reference of EBR's numerous failures is based on their inability to sell enough motorcycles to make the company viable. They can make a motorcycle but not one that people want to buy.

Of course what I think of is Motus that made really interesting bikes that looked like a quality product and they ent under when their biggest sponsor pulled out.

Of course what I think of is Motus that made really interesting bikes that looked like a quality product and they ent under when their biggest sponsor pulled out.

It always works out best when paying customers who buy your product are you biggest sponsor.

I bought an 1125CR in 2009 when HD decided to close them out. The only reason I sold it was because of the constant fear of killing myself while trying to ride the thing as close to it's potential as possible! In essence, I figured that I was too old to be riding that fast on something that was beyond my skill level. This was the Rotax powered bike.
From what I understand, HD bought into the company under the idea that they could sell the Buells to buyers who would eventually "move up" to their real and ultimate big bikes. That's a joke son. Just didn't happen!
But you have to give Eric credit for building an outstanding product even in a small segment of the marketplace.

Back