• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BreadMans R60/5 Question Thread.

Well, it's been a terribly busy summer and fall, and I've put at least 30 miles on the bike. I really should be riding it further into the fall, but the carb leakage just got too bad and they had to be rebuilt. I have lots of little things I need to do to this bike, but have been delaying until winter, so the time is now.

I replaced the RH side valve cover gasket with a new one, since the old one was leaking. I think I'll need a new oil pan gasket as well, because it looks drippy too.
I removed the carbs, and pulled the tank as well for a drain.

403125777_Kg8cz-M.jpg

Then I was finally able to wrestle off the ugly rack you can see in the first picture. It was held on by a various sum of nuts and bolts, resulting in me using all sizes between 9mm and 14mm to get them off. :scratch

I also took off the Wixom bags and the racks, and I think the rear end looks a lot cleaner. I may put the bags back on, but they need quite a bit of work.

403125790_7Hev7-M.jpg

Back