• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

brake fluid stain

AjaxTheDog

I didn't tighten my bleeder valve and got a little dribble stain on the rear paint. Thoroughly cleaned now but left a yell drip stain. Anyone had any luck getting a stain like this off or lightening it? Googone, brake cleaner, Mr clean sponge didn't work.
IMG_20200815_171115.jpg

Sorry to hear of your problem.

I'm guessing that the stain has penetrated the paint so just cleaning will not be effective. I'd try rubbing or polishing compound.

Good luck with it!

I didn't tighten my bleeder valve and got a little dribble stain on the rear paint. Thoroughly cleaned now but left a yell drip stain. Anyone had any luck getting a stain like this off or lightening it? Googone, brake cleaner, Mr clean sponge didn't work.
View attachment 80047

You, my friend, are the only person that can see that............

Omega Man is correct. Several different petrochemicals soak in and stain the powder coat BMW uses. Time and sunshine are the only things that will make it fade.

The flip side is that you can make a horrible mess trying to make it go away. My advice is don't even try.

With the weather Colorado is experiencing at the moment, parking it outside for an afternoon will give the sun fade approach a great start. Hit 100 degrees on our ride yesterday and 90s today.

I agree that it is not something to worry about as it is and attempts at removing it my do more harm.

Back