• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Service Card Renewal; Good Value?

glenb

My wife received a notice inviting her to renew the BMW Service Card for her 2012 F650GS Twin.

I was wondering if anyone has had any history with this service, and if so, what their experiences have been, good or bad. Especially if you have a problem 100's of miles from any BMW dealer.

She does ride long distances, touring with her women's touring club just about anywhere in Canada and the U.S. and does make day trips on her own often a good distance from our area.

Check your insurance to see if similar features are, or can be, included in your policy. Many do. If so, do whatever cost/benefit analysis suits your circumstances and make your choice.

After reading the flyer, I found something I didn't know: Roadside Assistance includes trip planning services. For me that has no value at all: I do my own because I find that's half the fun of traveling!

What does it cost?

I think the 150 km tow limit and $200 limit on most everything else is too low to make this plan worth much. It is not uncommon for us to be 3-400 miles from a BMW dealer. Take a look at the Allstate RV Club. $99 a year; towing to the nearest facility capable of making the repair, no distance limitation. You do not need to insure with Allstate or have a RV. The policy covers any vehicle you operate or are a passenger in.

Back