• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Roundel Emblem

ralwhite

I went for a nice ride last week on my 2012 R1200RT (silver tri-color) and when I returned home I noticed that the Roundel emblem on the right side fairing was missing. This was the result of the glue giving out. After some research I found that the fairing BMW emblem is 70mm. I ordered a replacement and when it arrived I found that it was flat. The original emblem is slightly domed dome.jpg and is (was) glued to a metal disc that is attached to the fairing. The metal disc has a small polished lip around the outer edge and the emblem fits inside it. metal disc.jpg The problem is that the outside diameter of the metal disc is 70mm so the emblem has to be slightly smaller in order to fit within the lip of the metal disc. If anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Kind of depends on which emblem you ordered.

51 14 7 721 222. Is the emblem in the parts fiche for your bike. I’m pretty sure that this is the rounded 3D style badge that you are referring to. The sell price is nearly $73 US.

51 14 7 721 222. Is the emblem in the parts fiche for your bike. I’m pretty sure that this is the rounded 3D style badge that you are referring to. The sell price is nearly $73 US.

$73!!! That has got to take the prize as one of the biggest rip offs of the ages. Hey, maybe pop the other roundel off and buy a couple of Yamaha tuning fork roundels. Bet that would get some attention at your local Beemer dealer. I would do it just because. I mean $73 to advertise just for BMW?? Hey, I've had more than a few people look at my '10 FJR and say, "Nice BMW". No kidding.

I ordered a 70mm rounded on ebay yesterday to replace one I lost during the rally. If it doesn't fit, I've got a deadhead sticker for that spot.

ToasterTan has some exceptionally nice badges for a very good price. Even a sweet Motosports option...

IMG_3102-X3.jpg

$73!!! That has got to take the prize as one of the biggest rip offs of the ages. Hey, maybe pop the other roundel off and buy a couple of Yamaha tuning fork roundels. Bet that would get some attention at your local Beemer .....
... rallies. 1989 FJ1200, R80 racks (metal) modified to fit. K1100RS bags. Another bike I should have kept!
FJ1200.JPG

Thank you for your reply. I will check it out.

Just ordered a replacement emblem from Max with parts number you provided. They confirmed that it is indeed the correct part. Thanks again.

Back