• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW riders and TATOOS!

In 1973 I was in basic at FT Knox, KY. After three weeks we got our first free time; from 1700 hrs on Saturday to 1700 hrs Sunday. Mid-morning on Sunday the barracks was quiet as everyone slept in and slept off the night before. The calm was interrupted by a loud, blood curdling scream that went on for a very long time. As people responded they found one of our platoon members standing in front of a mirror and staring at his chest. The night before he had decided in a drunken haze to get a tattoo. Not any tattoo, but one of a Bald Eagle, as displayed in the Great Seal of the United States on American currency. There was a wingtip on the bicep of each arm, the top of the head was at the base of his neck and the talons were well below his belly button. I don’t recall if the olive branch and arrows were present. Of course, a tattoo of that size takes many trips to the tattoo parlor, so what this guy had was the outline of the Eagle and an inch or so of one wingtip colored. It came out later that he had paid several hundred dollars for the entire job in advance.

A very old thread. I only read the first five or so pages, so excuse me if someone already said it;

A tat no more makes you a biker than a hat makes you a cowboy. It’s the person, not the wardrobe. But you DO have to love motorcycles!:bikes

Who would you think the REAL biker is, the guy in the Village People or Burt Munro (Worlds Fastest Indian). I don’t know (or care) if either of them had any tats. One of them was AWESOME!

:dance:dance:dance

A very old thread. …
Yes, a lot of old names that are no longer in the club… although I am amazed at how many of them I still keep in touch with.

No judgement, but tattoos are not for me. It was for this guy, though… shot at a drag race in Valdosta, when BMW S1000RRs were all the rage.

i-ndB8RJc-X2.jpg

In past decades I've had Harley riders pull up at a light and tell me to buy a real bike. I show them the Harley tat on my upper left arm, and explain I used to ride the Harley's, got sick of walking while LMAO. Never fails to shut em up, I didn't need to listen to that crap.. :nyah

Reading through this thread has been amusing. Yeah I like tattoos and all of my 8 have come about from things that have or had special meaning to me. And a few piercings. Remember when they got the first body scanners in airports? For the first while I'd get really strange looks from the people manning them.:ha

This was my first one of my first custom build Mtn bike. The artist was a joke but I was lucky and mine didn't fade out like others inked by him.
i-wzfVB6H-XL.jpg

The price of having fun! This was the x-ray from the first time I broke my leg.
i-XXd58jZ-XL.jpg

I used to ski a lot of gnarly terrain. I figured if they dug me out of the snow they could identify the body.
i-hWVcjGS-XL.jpg

If I wasn't dead this might help.
i-L3WzR42-XL.jpg

I was a ski bum for 20 years, the first 10 on snowboards.
i-p89CNT4-XL.jpg

8 years later I got this one when I decided I was a good enough skier to justify it.
i-2dfbk9D-XL.jpg

This is my logo, basically me branding me and yes it's trademarked.
i-xqnpP47-XL.jpg

I can't really photograph my back piece but it is inspired by tribal concepts to fit with the body. Sometimes I think of building it into a full back piece but haven't bothered to go for it as of yet.

When I first pierced my ears at 16 my mother asked what I'd think when I was 40? At 55 I still dig them.:nyah

I have no tattoos but if i did it would be this one with Mein Deutsches Motorrad underneath.

Attachments

• bmw eagle.jpg
    bmw eagle.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 105
Back