• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bike trip to AZ. Any suggestions???

Bikaholic51

Electric Kaiser
I am planning a trip to AZ in April I will trailer the bikes and I was actually thinking of starting and finishing in Phoenix for airport access for Sue. After looking at maps yesterday I was thinking of heading down to Tucson for a day or two and then heading out East toward Bisbee and then heading up North. My tentative loop with Head up along the State line and head toward Mexican Hat in South Utah. Head over towards St George and back down thrugh Flag toward Phoenix. Any suggestions on sights to see and roads to ride? Was planning pavement for the most part for Sue's sake. She does well on gravel and hardpack when the pavement "mysteriously" ends. :brad

Was wondering what the camping will be like that time of year also. :scratch

thanks in advance.

Be sure to check the elevation wherever you go. Bisbee can be 30 degrees at night in April as an example. Feel free to PM me for more info. I live between Phoenix and Tucson.

Be sure to check the elevation wherever you go. Bisbee can be 30 degrees at night in April as an example. Feel free to PM me for more info. I live between Phoenix and Tucson.

Sounds good. Still tryiing to nail this down. I will drop you a line when we decide. Wife may be changing vacation weeks. Which may cut out the bikes. Maybe.

AZ Ride

US 191 north from I-10, thru Clifton to Springerville is a magnificent ride. You can catch it from Bisbee via highway 80 to Douglas, then north. The Douglas to Wilcox stretch isn't much, but you can detour a little east at Sunizona on 181 to take in the Chiricahua National Monument---also well worth seeing. Just time it so you take the road from Clifton north around mid-day; Alpine is around 10,000 feet, and it gets COLD!

Back