• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

big foot brake and shift

sasquatoo

I am about to pick up a 1988 R100RT with 28,xxx miles. My problem is I am cursed with bigfoot disease (size 15). Any suggestions on equipment or modifications to help my shifting and braking challenges? It seems as if these bikes were made for the small of foot (heck, my father was born in Essen, Germany and he wore a size13, they can't all have small feet).

There are products out there for making the brake and shifter larger. I have one on my shifter that I took off my old bike when I sold it. Don't remember the co. exactly, but could be Ilium or Suburban Machinery.

Bigfoot brake and shift

There are products out there for making the brake and shifter larger. I have one on my shifter that I took off my old bike when I sold it. Don't remember the co. exactly, but could be Ilium or Suburban Machinery.

JIGGIN thanks for the reply. Unfortunately for me those companies don't go back to 1988 model year, I've been in contact with them. I may try finding another set of levers and modifying them. I must admit that cutting and welding these controls, especially the brakes is above my pay grade so I'll seek professional help.

bigfoot brake and shift

Thanks R1150GSADV for the reply. I looked at their website and except for some mostly generic parts, they don't seem to have much for 1988 model year. I'm not exactly a computer whiz so maybe I'm missing something. I'll try their phone during business hours. I also sent an email to RePsycle in OH and await a reply.

Shifter

Hi I have a heel toe shifter for airheads had some clunky boots only size 13 I could try to find it. It is in shop which is a mess PM me if you think it might help

Back