• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bandara's American Cruisine

RJM2096

My wife and I were in Chicago this weekend. We ate at Bandera and loved it. It is expensive, but it is a place where meat is meat. The prime rib melts in your mouth and is big enough to be shared. We love sitting by the windows overlooking Michingan Avenue and all of the shoppers (Bandara's is on the second floor. You take an excalator up to it. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic. As you walk in there are whole chickens on the rotisserie.

Where is your favorite restaurant?

BanderaRestaurant.jpg

Last edited:
Smokey Bones for ribs. They currently have an all you can eat baby back rib meal for $16.95. Oink, Oink is the sound I make when I pig out.

Best prime rib, ever? Whisky Creek in N. Platte, NB.

Won't even mention pizza because those NY guys always make fun of me. :stick

Nancy and I had a romantic dinner in Sister Bay, WI at a waterfront restaurant which had a cooking school on the second story. IIRC the name was Christopher's. We watched the sun go down over the marina (where we had slipped our sailboat) and ate and drank for a couple of hours with a fantastic chocolate dessert. (Gotta love a woman who sails)

Then many, too many more to list. :D

Barbeque: Kreutz's - Lockhart, TX
Fried Seafood: The Clambox - Ipswich MA
Sushi: Kotobukiya - Cambridge, MA
Dim Sum: China Pearl - Boston
Malaysian: Penang - Boston
Steak: My backyard grill!

Back