• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Are we rally go'ers

Thanks to all the clubs who are putting the Rally's together, one of these day's I hope to get to more of them. I believe the fee's mentioned (40 to 60 per event) are a real bargain in today's dollars. As for spaghetti out of a can ........ yumm.

Our rally fee breaks down to $20 per night. If you were to come to the same campground the same weekend, but not camp with us, you'd being paying $33 a night with no food, no entertainment, no prizes, and no camaraderie.

I am amazed when I read that some rallies have fees in the range of $35-$50. I have no idea how they break even. :scratch

I agree, $20 per night is extremely low, especially for such a great rally as the ABC Rally.

You should raise your prices...........Regards, Rod.

I wonder what are the most significant costs of the rally? What costs have risen most dramatically over the past say 5-10 years?

Just found out that the insurance coverage we bought years past is no longer available.

New coverage twice as much! $200 now $400. with average attendance of 80 that's $5.00 out of every registration!

Hidden cost!
jason

Just posted up a recap of our Memorial Day Rally in the local club section. Accounting was delivered at the club meeting Monday night and we operated the Rally at a $125 loss. Not bad and well worth it.

We don't have an accounting of our weekends campout yet, but we did announce that we're raising next years admission to $50.

No one in the crowd seemed upset!

jason

Back