• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are Headlights Too Bright????

Really?

But we Beemerphiles are a fine bunch to complain, since we treat our lights the way cruiser-riders treat their exhaust-systems

I am sorry you feel this way. YES we add lights, but most of us do so using common sense with a desire not to blind or annoy other drivers. Unlike the "cruiser" exhaust people who add decibels to stoke their egos and annoy other drivers and bystanders.

They have it wrong that loud pipes save lives, we have it right that lights and improved visibility save lives. In the daytime, brighter is better. I haven't seen a headlight or additional light on the market yet that blinds drivers in the daytime.

The issue I believe of this topic is not daytime running light brightness but night time. I don't know of any BMW rider who has full lights on at night that are not in some way set to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. Oh sure, there are always exceptions to the rule but they are rare at least as far as I have experienced.

The loud exhaust and bright light guys with pick up trucks from what I see around here, are just beating their chests rather than trying to be safer or seeing at night better. A far cry from drawing attention to one's self for as not to be splattered by the average auto driver. At night there is always the desire to see more on the road and properly installed additional lights allow this.

Another comment to stir the pot, how many of us old guys complaining now really want to go back to the good old days while you are driving at night and have to see what is ahead of you? How many of you would be driving as much at night are you are now if you didn't have the modern headlights in your bike, car or truck? If the system is good for you, why is it not good for the other guy? St.

Back