• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone Wish to Fess-up?

On one of my construction projects my boss came out and promptly stepped in wet concrete. He was a real jerk.

Oh the joys of construction inspection/project administration. Glad I am now retired.

Harry

My wife came out of a store and headed down the sidewalk. Went about 20 feet and found herself ankle deep in fresh concrete. Not a construction worker or any barricades in sight in either direction. She was quite embarrassed and teed off at the same time. Had on a new pair of orthopedic shoes and nothing more than a napkin and paper bag to clean them up.

My wife came out of a store and headed down the sidewalk. Went about 20 feet and found herself ankle deep in fresh concrete. Not a construction worker or any barricades in sight in either direction. She was quite embarrassed and teed off at the same time. Had on a new pair of orthopedic shoes and nothing more than a napkin and paper bag to clean them up.

I had hoped to see a glimpse of orange in the original photo: a cone, barrel, tape, something. I don't see anything. I would not be at all surprised if there were no such warnings. As a former municipal official I have seen more than my share of contractors who do absolutely no more than you make them do, minute by minute. The "Oh we were just fixin' to do that" bunch.

Last edited:
No one ever came around and repaired the concrete. Her foot prints were still in the sidewalk 2 years later. She even called the municipal building to report what happened.

What are the proper tires for concrete ruttin':scratch
Would a set of TKC80's and better technique made a difference?:stick

Or we can wait until someone to ask how to get his oil filter and drain plug out of the bike he just bought because it looks like it is cemented in:banghead

I'm thinking of something with short tread life would be appropriate here. :dance

Back