• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone Still Waiting for Replacement Front Brake Calipers?

boborgail

I have a neighbor who is trying to purchase his first BMW -- a new 2019 R1250RT.

In January he placed a deposit at a large multi-brand dealer here in the Phoenix area. However, they won't deliver the bike until the front brake calipers are replaced.

Problem is the dealer has no information on when the parts will arrive. It's been nearly two months and still no end in sight.

My question is, "Anyone else in the same boat? That is, waiting for replacement calipers with no firm date?"

Thanks for your help.

I have been in your neighbor's shoes, most likely with the same dealer. My advice; get your deposit back and find a bike elsewhere.

Where did this come from?

I haven't heard anything about this.

Is there a bulletin mentioning this issue?

I'm taking delivery of my 2019 R1250RT next Saturday.

My dealer didn't mention anything.

Where did this come from?

I haven't heard anything about this.

Is there a bulletin mentioning this issue?

I'm taking delivery of my 2019 R1250RT next Saturday.

My dealer didn't mention anything.

Lee beat me to that mid- January thread. Probably good to ask..........and look for drips.
OM

Thanks for the info

I'll check mine when I take delivery.

If it were me, before I took delivery I'd get the dealer to verify that they'd done the testing to demonstrate that you had a good installation. Among other things it requires the front brake to be held on (zip tie around the lever) for ~ 12 hours with no leakage allowed.

The RT is a delightful bike. It will be great when BMW gets this sorted out.

Good luck!

BMW should have stayed with Brembo brakes. They had Brembo brakes on the '18 RT, but when they came out with the 1250 in '19 they stopped using them. If I were buying a '20 RT, I would seriously think about getting the brakes replaced with Brembos.

Easy

Last edited:
Back