• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone Seen Custom Paint Jobs?

D

dbradfordp

I'm looking for examples of custom paint jobs for my 1200RT. I know, it's shaemful to even consider violating the sacred looks...yada yada yada. I'm past all that.

Anyone have any photos of graphic kits or custom paint jobs that look good on an RT?

Thanks!
brad

Although I have not seen many custom painted RT's, this is my favorite 1200RT..
HPIM0232.jpg

You can see more here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352150

yep - that one is awesome! I've seen that thread and I like it. Looking for more ideas but you're right about that one being a righteous looking ride!

Thanks!

4nr,
Looks nice on your RT! I did see one graphics kit from AutoTrimDesign for the RT, but I'm not crazy about it (see pic attached). Where did you get yours?

Thanks,
brad

Attachments

• ATD-BMWMGRPH12.jpg
    ATD-BMWMGRPH12.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 409
I painted certain parts on my 1150RT with Mariner Blue Imron. This shade of blue is close to the blue on the roundel. I painted the front fender, upper fairing and mirrors, top of the fuel tank, fairing chin spoiler, and the tail section behind the seat. I left everything else the stock color. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but you get the idea.

I'm looking for examples of custom paint jobs for my 1200RT. I know, it's shaemful to even consider violating the sacred looks...yada yada yada. I'm past all that.
Anyone have any photos of graphic kits or custom paint jobs that look good on an RT? Thanks! brad

If I could afford it, this is what I'd like to do to mine. I saw it at Vermont Rally.

Attachments

• 86639928_3GsfT-S.jpg
    86639928_3GsfT-S.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 282
A little bump

I confess. My shock at non oem paint jobs was feigned.

I've been lurking this thread hoping to see the custom paint I've been daydreaming about for several years now.

Picture this on an 1100RT. Some day...some day...
(pic courtsey of Bob Wark at the Warkshop)

Someone, please feed my fantasy by posting some more pics of custom paint on late model bikes.

Attachments

• R90S smoke.jpg
    R90S smoke.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 240
:thumb
Still thinking about getting some electric blue flames put on mt 07RT...This might just push me over the edge.Saw one in Fla last week and it was great looking (09 black with silver flames)

I must have been high

Remember the late 80's? Look closely and you will see the yellow splatter effect over the pink. Two things with this fender 1. People saw it from a distance and they had one of two opinions about it: Loved it. Hated it. It lasted 2 years.

Attachments

• Fender.jpg
    Fender.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Violation? Sacrilege?

Oh Please!!!
Come on folks, the bikes are here for us to ENJOY. What ever makes you happy / proud / blows your skirt up is what you should do FREELY to your bike.

WHO-GAF what anyone else thinks about it? (SORRY, please don't "doghouse" me)

I've thought a lot about different custom paint schemes for my 2000 R1100RT. I've had some ideas but haven't followed through on anything yet. Not that I would give a rip about what anyone else thinks (I ride in a Neon Yellow Olympia Phantom suit), it's just that I am picky about what I'd do to the bike if I decide to move in that direction.

I like VERY COLORFUL bikes, so a "screamin' yellow" base coat with some graphics might be something to go with. Possibly a three-tone graphic (kinda retro)...

If anyone has pics of a non-stock paint job, please post it. BTW, I LOVE the RT with the roundel paint job on it!!! That's sweet.

not stock:whistle...A tribute to the home team...we bought it already done

Attachments

• P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 173
That looks like a graphics kit on your RT, is that correct? Any ideas on who makes graphics kits for bikes that don't involve flames, dragons and naked lizard-women? Not that there's anything wrong with lizard women....

Back