• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Allright...I'm gonna go there: underpants

Duluth shorts are in my opinion first grade. Use them for my daily wear. But when I know I'll be riding any kind of distance, I go to a pair of high end bicycle short. While I have several pair of riding shorts, the ones I use for M/C riding are a wool blend and from Aerostich. Been using them for several years and have worked well for me in both warm and cold weather.

LD Comfort - coast-2-coast-2-coast X2, and like Paul, a 100k miles or so of shorter trips. I don't get on the bike if I'm going for more than a few hours without them.

interesting, the LD comfort is like love 'em or hate 'em. They look like a compression kind of fit...For me, that fine for short rides, but constricting over the long haul. The double layer feature (did I read that correctly?) could work for the monkey-butt, as my understanding is that is caused by a combination of moisture and movement and friction

LD Comfort.

I've also used Aerostitch nylon shorts, UnderArmor, and Ex Officio. Did bicycle shorts for few years.

But for extended days in saddle: LD Comfort is my go to.

No need to spend a lot of money.

C9 athletic moisture wicking shorts at Target. About $15-25 for two. The Technical shirts are also good as a base layer.

You have a riding kilt, don't you?
Aye by, yoose just noses a real Scot by da a little lift of the Kilt.
Poots the coat of arms to shayme it will.
Named a moovie of me riding stile, it be. Ay By?
Twas a whale moovie I might be recalling.
Free summer or sumtink like dat.
Oy boy, joose came to me, FREE THE BIG BY!
Thay twern't it boot close.

For those of you that aren't Scots, when you read the above out loud to yourself, clench your teeth together.

After that, ask me to post the difference between Scots and Swedes.

I'm a big fan of boxer-brief style drawers with lots of spandex - keeps everything in the same zip code so to speak.

I also like a healthy sprinkling of Goldbond powder all around the areas that are going to sweat. Goldbond keeps everything cool, dry, and moving freely so nothing gets bound up. No monkeybutt either.

As a bonus, Goldbond is like an Altoids for your scrote[1].

Whatever you do, though, don't start out using the green bottle Goldbond - you'll want to build up a healthy tolerance before trying it.

[1] Sorry ladies, but Goldbond isn't for you. It is talc based, and talc is known to cause cancer in lady bits.

FWIW, I bought the husband the Duluth Trading boxers and he said they were really comfortable, but the elastic in the waist only held up for a couple of washings. This was disappointing considering how much they cost. This has been an interesting thread!:)

FWIW, I bought the husband the Duluth Trading boxers and he said they were really comfortable, but the elastic in the waist only held up for a couple of washings. This was disappointing considering how much they cost. This has been an interesting thread!:)

Send them back test the warranty they are good about that stuff

I've at least 10 pairs, and have had absolutely no issue with the waist elastic after at least two years...

A few years ago, the local Max BMW was selling spandex bike underwear. Oddly enough, they didn't have a fly. I considered that proof that the same guys who designed BMW seats designed the undershorts. Those guys just aren't human...

You prefer these to your cycling ones, Lee?

Yes
My bicycle shorts are made to sit on a very narrow bicycle seat and the pad is only 6 inches or so wide. Not much help on a wide motorcycle seat.
Also, packing several pair of bicycle shorts takes more room than Under Armour.

This summer I looked at Moto Skiveez underwear and the pad in these is much wider and made for sitting on a motorcycle seat.

Bicycle shorts are made to sit on something like this.
P1030384.jpg

P1030383.jpg

Yes
My bicycle shorts are made to sit on a very narrow bicycle seat and the pad is only 6 inches or so wide. Not much help on a wide motorcycle seat.
Also, packing several pair of bicycle shorts takes more room than Under Armour.

This summer I looked at Moto Skiveez underwear and the pad in these is much wider and made for sitting on a motorcycle seat.

Bicycle shorts are made to sit on something like this.
View attachment 62890

View attachment 62891

As a bicycle rider as well, that was exactly why I bought the Moto Skiveez rather than just use a pair of my bike shorts. The Moto Skiveez were also just a bit less expensive than a good pair of bicycle shorts.

Back