• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A better way to keep track of my earplugs on my Aerostich

drneo66

I generally wear earplugs on any ride outside of town and my Aerostich R3 has a conveniently-placed pocket on the right forearm that happens to perfectly fit the smaller earplug protector case that Aerostich sells. After loosing several of the cases and accompanying earplugs due to my carelessness of not closing the pocket, I decided to reduce that risk by attaching the case to my Aerostich somehow. I found that a 12" fishing leader, a same hole melted in the case with a heated nail, securing the leader to the zipper via the leader's quick hook, and bam, I no longer are without my earplugs!

Is it the amazing modification that allows me to ride 3x as far with 1/8th the fuel while having 10x the fun? No, but it's about the small wins in life :rofl

IMG_5480.jpgIMG_5480.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

I wear foam ear plugs (32-33 db). I have two sets of custom molded ear plugs, but I find the foam more comfortable and losing a set (as I am prone to do) is no big deal. I wore them during a long Army career during which I spent much time turning tax dollars into loud noises and smoke and my hearing is still good. I carry a zip lock bag on my bikes that has 8-10 pair of ear plugs in it. I store the pair that I’m using at any given time in a space on the instrument panel, and if I misplace a set I just replace them. I have two large containers of foam plugs. They are 3+ years old and are not near being used up.

I wear foam ear plugs (32-33 db). I have two sets of custom molded ear plugs, but I find the foam more comfortable and losing a set (as I am prone to do) is no big deal. I wore them during a long Army career during which I spent much time turning tax dollars into loud noises and smoke and my hearing is still good. I carry a zip lock bag on my bikes that has 8-10 pair of ear plugs in it. I store the pair that I’m using at any given time in a space on the instrument panel, and if I misplace a set I just replace them. I have two large containers of foam plugs. They are 3+ years old and are not near being used up.

+ :thumb

E.

I wear foam plugs, too. If you watch MotoGP I think all the riders wear foam plugs, nothing custom. They can afford anything of course.

I bought a box of them from Amazon and have been drawing on them for years now.

I consider foam plugs one-time-use only ... meaning if I stop for lunch and take out plugs, I throw them away and unwrap a new package for next leg of ride. So, just a pocketful of packages, no particular "storage."

IMG_0427.jpg

Back