• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

93 K75 SA transmission leak

Zampano77

Without tearing it apart, could someone let me know the part/ seal needed for a small drip coming from the rear of the trans/ driveshaft connection point. Losing an once every month or so and would like to order the part before teardown. Rear output shaft seal??

Can't find it on Bob's BMW exploded views, any advice/leads appreciated

ZAMP,

There are two possible places:

Most likely the boot that goes around the clutch release rod ( the end of the clutch bell crank). 23131338731 about $35

OR

The boot between the tranny and the swing arm (the larger of the two boots)
23131338731 about $18.

:dance:dance:dance

When you say boots, I think of boots that keep dust out, not as fluid seals. So these two boots do all of the transmission output sealing of gear oil and there are no traditional seals( like wheel bearing or rear main seals on autos)?!. My manual does not give me a clear exploded or other and was hoping to order the right part before tear down. Thanks for your patience. I was hoping to tear it all down this winter but spring arrived before I got around to it.

Johnny

The small clutch release rod boot DOES do all the sealing of the oil that gets past the throwout bearing piston and is the most likely culprit.

The larger swing arm boot will get some oil into it even though there is a seal on the output shaft of the tranny.

A small tear in either will cause some dripping and allow water dirt and grit into parts that won't like it.

:dance:dance:dance

Back